Promoting STEM and Entrepreneurship
Girls in Tech India exhibits at SURGE : Over 200 Women in Tech to be a part of SURGE through Girls in Tech, over 50 mentors, over 25 Women Entrepreneur startups and a few featured guests.
Also, in display is Girls in Tech India’s collaboration with Edutel Technologies to provide computer literacy to girls’ schools in rural areas.
Girls in Tech India partnership with SURGE
SURGE is an incredible platform. We are very happy to be a part of their commitment to change. We are glad to have provided expertise, participation from our Women in Tech as well as startups from Girls in Tech to display at SURGE. Some of the incredible people who will be supporting us at the stall will be: Radhesh Kanumury, IBM, Country Lead, Global Entrepreneur Program, Investors from 50kVentures – headed by Sanjay Enishetty; Ayyappa Nagubandi, Featured guest columnist of The Hindu and many leading publications for writing on new and emerging technologies and entrepreneurship., Adithya Reddy Marri, Educator & E-Governance Expert, Anil Shetty, Social Entrepreneur and Investment Banker, Harsha Mahabala, CEO, Edutel Technologies (Funded by Michael and Susan Dell Foundation), Women Tech makers, Featuring exclusive job boards for Women Restarting their careers (Neha from Jobsforher), Dasam Kiran, Aero-space manufacturing, Sunitha Anala, E-commerce expert, Ambica, Educator and the amazing team of Girls in Tech India headed by Sree Divya Vadlapudi P.
Do visit to know how you can be a part of the change: To promote women in STEM and entrepreneurship. Visit us!
Girls in Tech India is a non-profit organization focused on the engagement, education and empowerment of women in technology and entrepreneurship. GIT is headquartered in San Francisco, CA (Silicon Valley). Founded in 2007. GIT INDIA is launched keeping the ideologies of the organization intact. It is headquartered in Hyderabad, India. In India, the number of women as per statistics in STEM and entrepreneurship is less but is on the rise. However, it still needs attention.
Girls in Tech India provides the best of the resources available at Girls in Tech such as resources and events combined with expertise to help members further their educational and professional aspirations. The idea is to provide right kind of exposure, mentorship, network, enhance skills and knowledge through a range of national and international resource pool, programs, workshops and opportunities to connect and showcase talent.
The events include: Mentorship Program, Hackathons, Entrepreneurial Coding/Design/Workshops/Bootcamps, Lady Pitch Night, Xchange, Catalyst Conference, Global Classroom, GIT Work etc.
From the past seven months, Girls in Tech India has been doing events and providing best of resources available before launching to analyze how to localize the mission in India. All of the events were a huge success with amazing national and international partners.
Several things were identified during these months, such as the importance of mentors, industry-institutes, providing an exposure after coming out of colleges, helping returning mothers find a path again in their career, providing women entrepreneurs a platform etc.
GIRLS IN TECH INDIA Event Calendar 2016:
- Mentorship Program- March 2016
- Partnership with SURGE (Part of websummit :www.surgeconf.com) – February 23rd – 24th February 2016
- Girls in Tech India to launch in Vijayawada by ex-Miss America, Nina Davuluri with inauguration of computer literacy for girls schools in rural areas by Edutel Technologies with Girls in Tech India followed by panel discussion. – March 9th, 2016
- Entrepreneur Boot-camp/Workshop Course by Melinda Briana Epler Melinda Briana Epler, Founder & CEO, Change Catalyst for Girls in Tech India – Entrepreneur Basics Boot- camp (Curriculum as Taught at Stanford D School) March 15th – 17th , 2016
- Lady Pitch Night – June 2016 :
- Girls in Tech Hackathon – Around Ladies Pitch Night
- Catalyst Conference – December 2016/January 2017
- Girls in Tech International Exchange – 2016/ as per request